Deferred payment allows the e-shop customers to postpone their payment for up to several days. The merchant receives the payment confirmation immediately and we send the money in the standard time. Deferred payment provides a modern alternative to cash on delivery. It also helps customers who are just waiting for their salary and would otherwise postpone their order.
We offer deferred payment in cooperation with Twisto, Skip Pay (formerly mallpay) and Raiffeisenbank (PlatímPak).
The Twisto Pay payment method allows your customer to buy now and pay within 30 days when they have tried the goods at home. And it's free. You get the funds immediately after the purchase. Payment approval takes place within seconds. The payer is notified about the successful verification by email from Twisto along with information regarding the payment.
- The customer selects the Twisto Pay payment method at the e-shop.
- A simple identity verification follows – the customer enters their telephone number, name and address.
- The customer is notified about the successful verification by email along with information regarding the payment.
Skip Pay (formerly mallpay)
Skip Pay allows your customers to defer their payment free of charge for up to 14 days after delivery of the goods. You receive the funds immediately after the purchase. Confirmation of the payment does not take more than a few seconds. The customer is informed about successful verification by Skip Pay and receives information about paying the amount due.
- First, the customer picks the Skip Pay method in the e-shop.
- A simple identity verification via SMS code follows.
- The customer is informed about the successful verification via e-mail along with the information regarding the payment.
Customers can pay up to 14 days after delivery. Maximum amount with Skip Pay is CZK 50 000.
PlatímPak by Raiffeisenbank allows your customers to defer their payment for up to 30 days and then either pay in full or split the payment into instalments. Deferral of a payment up to 30 days is interest-free.
- Maximum amount of postponed payment is CZK 25 000.
The e-shop receives money immediately after purchase. Approval of the payment takes place online within seconds. The customer is informed about the successful verification via e-mail from Raiffeisenbank along with information about payment of the amount due.
- First, the customer picks the PlatímPak payment method in the e-shop.
- An identity verification follows. If the customer is a Raiffeisenbank client, verification is processed via SMS using the personal number. If they are not a Raiffeisenbank client, their identity is verified by means of a CZK 0,01 payment. Alternatively, the customer can go to the bank branch. The CZK 0,01 transaction will be returned to the customer immediately after verification.
- The customer is informed about successful verification via e-mail with information as to when and where they should send the deferred payment.
The customer has the option of paying off the deferred amount free of charge within 30 days, or they can choose to pay in instalments. Maximum amount is CZK 25 000.
Activation of deferred payment
Deferred payment is activated automatically by our company. The deferred payment offer is displayed to customers in the list of payment methods in the gateway.
For more information see the API documentation.
If you show the payment options (card payment, cash on delivery,...) in the customer's shopping cart, we recommend including the deferred payment. The name of the payment method is "Deferred Payment". The text of the payment method label is "Buy Now, Pay Later".
Deferred payment refund
The refund of a deferred payment takes place in the same way as a card payment, i.e. via the Client Portal or via the API. The funds are returned to the deferred payment provider, who then handles the refund with the payer.
Price and billing
The fee for payments made via deferred payment is determined by the applicable tariff:
Deferred payments fees are deducted from your daily bulk payment transfers by default. This means that we will send you the transfer reduced by the fee.
Promoting on the e-shop website
It has been proven that informing e-shop visitors about the option of a deferred payment in time increases sales.
To highlight this payment method, you can add a "sticker" to the product preview, add a short note below the price or inform about it in the product description, add a banner to the homepage, inform registered customers via newsletter – whatever comes to mind.